The Shiloh GBL Basketball Program Steering Committee has implemented the following Player and Parent Code of Conduct. All Players and Parents (or legal guardians) must read and understand these rules prior to the player’s participation in our league.
By joining the Shiloh GBL organization, the player and parents provide their consent that a player who violates the Code of Conduct may be subject to disciplinary action by their team’s coach, in conjunction with the Steering Committee. This disciplinary action may include a temporary suspension from the program or forfeiture of the privilege to participate in the program for the season.
Parent’s Code of Conduct (or Legal Guardian)
- I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or other sporting event.
- I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player or parent such as booing and taunting, refusing to shake hands, or using profane language or gestures.
- I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well-being of athletes.
- I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect at all times regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- I will respect the officials and coaches for their authority during games and practices; I will never undermine the coaches authority at the gymnasium, and I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the registered coaches for the team.
Player’s Code of Conduct
- I will show respect to all coaches, game officials, parents, teammates and opposing players at all times, and will never act in a manner that is disrespectful to them or my team.
- I will demonstrate good sportsmanship regardless of the score or situation by acting in a positive manner towards coaches, officials and other players.
- I will help to clean the gymnasium/bench area at both home and away games.
- I will display good sportsmanship and a commitment to my team at all times.
- I will shake hands with the other team and officials after games.
Penalties for breaking team policy will be determined by the coaching staff and/ or the director. Penalties may include, but are not limited to the following.
- Extra conditioning
- Decreased playing time
- Parent/ player discussion
- Team suspension
- Expel from team
Players must also adhere to our team guidelines.